Thursday, June 15, 2006

Solitude

Going to sleep, I lay down in my bed sorrounded by the darkness of my room. Eyes still open, I feel like I can reach the distance that separates us.
Alone, I let my thoughts run free and the memories of better days fill my soul with joy. I remember sunny days in the park, the sweet smell of her perfume and soft music playing faraway, it's warm, it's enchanting... and the rainy days by the fireplace, drinking wine until her cheeks turn red, laughing and resting her head on my chest, I thought that moment would never go away.
The promises of love would never be broken, whispered words in my ear talking about future plans, talking about our lives together. I could feel her heat, her caress, her kisses so tender.
We would get married in one month, she was so happy and I was so nervous... I think I was never sure about what I really wanted... I was never sure about it until now...
Tears roll down my face, I don't care to hide, nobody can see me covered by the night, nobody cares...
Love is a lonely feeling, love brings you happiness, but also makes you lonely, because we only feel lonesome when we love someone I guess, when we need someone by our side... and here I am now, alone in my room... remembering days bygone.
Yesterday, I buried the love of my life... we would be married in one month...

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:09 pm

    Lucky those who can blame death. Most of us have to bury our loves alive...Great text, as usual.

    ReplyDelete