Tuesday, June 13, 2006

It's over...

"Ok, I'm listening" She sat patiently on the chair, crossing her legs and laying her hands sotfly on her knees. She looked so serene, so calm and resigned. "I'm listening" her thin lips repeated these words in my mind. She was looking at me, I think she was, she was staring at me with those beautiful blue eyes, yes they were blue as the sky, I used to tell her that. But they were cold this afternoon, they were staring at me almost lifelessly... piercing through my soul.
A song started playing in my head, like one of those love songs, repeating the chorus over and over again... I shook my head trying to organise my thoughts.
"I'm tired, you know..." Cold stare, she looked away, I followed the motion of her hair, black with some silver flocks shining under the darkness of that night, my own private night as it used to be. Did I use to tell her that?
"I think that... I only wanted to..." She looks back again, raises her eyebrows trying to show interest, she makes a slow movement with her head and that calls my attention. She always makes precise movements, says precise things, she is always so precisely perfect! And the song in my head.
"What's wrong?" What's wrong? I don't know... "Why do you come here?" My heart stops for one second, she's looking at me puzzled, I look away, no! I stare at the ground, she's inside me, she's there in every dark corner of my soul, haunting me, she's there still.
"I, I want to know... why don't you tell me..." A sigh, the song in my head, it just won't go away... playing over and over again... she's not listening anymore, is she? What am I saying anyway? I feel so confused, lost... did I tell her this?
The chorus playing in my head over and over again. God, I wish I could just forget about all that!
"Let's forget about this..." Forget about what? Everything looks so different now... I know it does... She knows about that too, things look different.
I'm alone, "Please, just leave me", listening to that song, listening to that song inside my head over and over again...

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:48 am

    Some things are hard to say, and this is one of them. You pictured it very well, Gus, I could even feel his anguish. You know I'm addicted to your chronicles, don't you? (lol) See you on Friday!

    ReplyDelete