Friday, June 09, 2006

Imaginary things

A girl looked at me twice in the bus. I was there, reading, listening to music and when I lifted my eyes up just to check if I was close to my bus stop or not, I noticed her looking at me. She immediately turned her eyes away of course, so did I. But then, after just a few seconds, I looked back again and there she was staring at me. We repeated the same awkward process of looking away and, I don't know why, I felt like laughing!
For some odd reason, I felt happiness and, out of a sudden, it came to me that part of our lives is made of imaginary things. Things that we wanted to have, people we wanted to know, people we wanted to be... it's all imaginary!
For a brief moment I felt happy, because when I saw that girl, in less than one-second thought I could visualise a picture in my mind... like a whole different life just passing right through, just like a movie.
That girl, beautiful by the way, would know me and not only would she know me, but she would also marry me and, in this turmoil of crazy thoughts about hypothetical lives, we would be very happy... I could see a white house and a nice car parked in the garage. I was just getting home and she was anxiously waiting for me, right in the front door she'd kiss me passionately as she always did over these past five years. She'd ask me about my day, I'd complain as usual and she'd make a funny remark just to tease me. Later on, I'd play with our children, ask about school, congratulate Peter for his wonderful performance in Math and kiss Sally on her soft cheeks, I just love her cheeks. Together we would talk a lot, watch some TV to relax and have dinner, stroganoff, my favourite! She knew exactly what I liked, my perfect wife... I'd love her so much.
She stood up and got off the bus, three or four stops before mine. I would never see her again. I went back to my book, I felt like laughing... what a life! What a beautiful life I had just for a few seconds...

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:09 pm

    I really enjoyed your post. Just run into it by coincidence and it really brightened my day. Thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete