Saturday, June 03, 2006

The Call

I'm going to call her! I can't wait anymore!
She said she would call, but two hours have passed since then and yet, no calls... She was looking lovely this morning, it was very cold and rainy outside, but when she arrived and looked at me with a smile I felt like I was melting, as if it was a really hot summer day. "Good morning" she said and passed by letting her hair go out of a bun, at the same time I felt that sweet scent of roses, her perfume invaded my nostrils and I didn't offer any resistance to that, I think I even kept my eyes half closed trying to enjoy it as much as I could... I just hope she didn't notice that.
I told her I needed to speak to her, "It is very important" I said, "Ok, I'll call you then" she said. And that's it, I thought to myself, that's the moment and I can't let it go. I got home and didn't leave the phone unattended for one single moment whatsoever! My eyes staring at it relentlessly, my hands sweating cold "She's gonna call! I know she is!" Or isn't she?
Maybe I should call her... but what if I call her and she thinks I'm being too persistent or desperate, what's even worse!
I think I can wait two hours more for her call... I think I'm going to read a book and just leave the phone there or maybe eat something... I think I shouldn't worry so much... I think... I think I need to call her now!
I feel like I've got a knot in my throat, my mouth is dry and time is not passing by...
I start fidgetting my fingers on the table, I stand up, I walk to and fro the telephone, I sit down... I can't wait anymore... I really need to call her... she needs to know the way I feel, she needs to know about everything... that's the moment!
I pick up the receiver, butterflies in my stomach, I push the stone cold keys and dial her number... now it's just a matter of seconds... just a few seconds to change my life completely, to bring light into my gray and dark soul, to live and be happy again... just a few seconds away from her... just...

The line is busy...

No comments:

Post a Comment