Monday, May 15, 2006

A beggar

Cold Monday morning, I was walking on the street buried in my own thoughts...
I was waiting to cross a busy avenue when I saw a beggar on the corner all rolled up in an old and dusty blanket, trying to hide away from the freezing wind... I looked at him and he had a strange look in his eyes, it was oddly pleasant and peaceful.
I stared at the old man as I could not figure out why he seemed so serene, so calm...
He has such a difficult life, he doesn't have anything: no shelter, no food, no clothes, maybe not even friends... I needed to know, I really needed to know why he seemed to be so glad!
I was already late, thinking about the loads of things I have to do and the lack of time I have to do all of them when he saw me and smiled at me...
I crossed the avenue and I realise...

We always want to know too much

No comments:

Post a Comment