Sunday, March 15, 2009

Abstinence Syndrome

It's 6 pm
But it could be 1 pm or 6 am
I wouldn't tell the difference
The lights are off, sheets are cold
Can't get to open my eyes
I just hear this noise
A conspicuous noise banging inside my head
Flashes crashing down behind my eyes
Following the hysterical bangs in my mind
Screams trying to survive, struggling to come alive
I turn my head around, it's so bright inside
They are voices, voices that I know
Memories that are recent
Memories of Sundays and happy days
Memories I cherish in my heart
Now haunting my sleep
They wanna tear my body up
And come out to fill this room
Will they ever go away?
Please, make them go away...
I need to forget
I need to let them go.

2 comments:

  1. i hear ya, i see ya.
    there's a desperate lonely screen behind each and every one of our eyes, playing the same old hurtful film.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (linked you, checkiraut! =p)

    ReplyDelete